Saturday, March 3, 2012

Lately & Blog Hop

Lucky has the week off from her chemo treatments.  This last round was the strongest drug and she's gotten sick a few times, but ironically enough she runs to the kitchen begging for treats right after.  I know her tummy's bound to hurt but she acts like she's not phased by it. She still seems happy and snuggly as ever, still bouncing around and playing with her toys.  Her treatment next week should not be as bad.  She's had this drug before with no reactions.

We went for a CBC check with our vet this week and everything came back good.  I took Abby in for a thyroid test and found myself growing irratated with the people in the waiting room.  They just gaped at her and when they caught me watching they looked away as if she were contagious.  I finally spoke up and said, "She had bone cancer and part of her jaw removed" to no one in particular and then they all lept into apologizing and poor, sweet, pup mode.  I can't imagine what it's like to have a real child that is handicapped or deformed.  Lord knows, I'd probably get in some real trouble not being able to tame my tounge!

Oh...and Abby finally got her tennis balls back this week!  My husband has been hesitant to let her have them after all the surgeries and he wanted to make sure her mouth was completely healed.  I'd bought her soft, squishy, squeaky balls but she just wasn't into them so I made the executive decision this week that she was ready for her regular balls, and thankfully my husband agreed.  She was like a kid at Christmas.  I'll try and post a picture later! :)

AND....

I am participating in my first blog hop!  The folks over at Life with Dogs are so graciously hosting a hop and I decided to get in on it!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    We've joined the following. Thanks so much for joining in the blog hop.

    Y'all come back now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blog hop! It's nice to meet you. I will keep Lucky and Abby in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so dreadful when people in vets offices do that. i had a disbale pug who used a wheel chair cart and people in the office asked once or twice shouldnt you put him down!
    I am going to follow your blog and I am so impressed with your bravery in battling cancer with your dogs. I started my blog after my pug Tubby, one of my five dogs, had a cancerous mast cell tumor removed. He is doing very well and hopefully will have no recurences. We were very lucky as he only needed surgery I have found having ablog a great help and all teh dog blog sites are very supportive
    Urban Hounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, our friends at 24 Paws of Love let us know about you and are stopping by to lLucky and Abby know we think they are Heroes! We would like to add a link to your blog if that is ok with you...and we will be back to visit again. The White Dog Army

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. We have recently moved and have shoddy internet service. Thank you so much for both following my blog. I hope to update it very soon. I look forward to reading both your blogs as well. Siku- feel free to include a link on your blog! We'd love to share our story.

    ReplyDelete